The ways our lives have evolved, there is always a need for some extra cash. To make sure that you always have those extra bills that can help you buy the things that you desire, you should start a business online. There are many websites that offer you the guidance to create an online store. Once the store is the setup, you can start selling products from home. There are many blogs that can also help you understand how to set up an online store. There are also numerous ideas that you can adapt to kick-start your business.
The world of e-commerce has evolved greatly, and you can now set up an online shop without any hindrance. All you need to do is create a website; the website should be created keeping in mind what your area of expertise is. Once you have done that you need to consider how you set up the shop. The shop needs to be attractive enough with the right kind of content that can give a detailed description of the customers visiting the e-commerce shop.
All you need to be is a bit crafty with the skills to sell. Some of the ideas that you can use to make money are:
- Designing your jewelry, this might seem like a low-key business. The recent trend of dangling and various colored beads as a major part of the jewelry has made it possible for you to design jewelry. You can get hold of various beads and flowers, and metallic hangings and the threaded danglers. Once you have them, there is numerous tutorial online that you can view and pitch in your creativity to design wonderful, cool and funky jewelry.
- People are always on the lookout for creative masterpieces and wonderful works of art. If you have a hidden artist within you, you can create beautiful pieces of art and sell. There are a lot of websites that you can sign up with to sell your art pieces. There are a variety of mediums and art forms that you can use to create works of art and sell. You can draw and design your ideas in the form of paintings or other artwork, or you can take orders from your customers. The customers can suggest a design of their liking and ask you to create it for them.
- There is recent trend to use organic products for the skin. This is quite a lucrative market that you can opt for as a business. In case, you are looking for the perfect recipes; you can find many of them online. You should make the purchase of the required ingredients yourself and then make the soaps and other bathing products and sell. People would surely opt for reasonably priced organic bathing products.
- Candles are another business that you can adopt. You can get hold of the simple plain ones and then design them by mixing in various designs and colors. There are a variety of ways that you can use to create beautiful candles. People prefer to buy these candles as they add additional charm to your interiors. Using essential oils, you can also create scented candles that are also wholly loved!
- Magnets and Label Pins! There was a time when only teenagers use to buy them, but today, using magnets to decorate workplace and fridge and notice boards is quite a prevailing trend. There are stunning designs that can be created using visual designing programs, many designs that can be picked up from the net and then have them imprinted on these metallic magnets as the finished product.
Things to Sell to Make Money on Craigslist
You probably have heard about Craigslist. It is a popular ecommerce platform that came out during the 90s and has stayed loyal and true to its roots for more than 20 years now. If you analyze their website, you will see that they have an ancient design and a little bit awkward user interface which means that they have been around for a while. Even though they are not really upset about how their website looks like, Craigslist is still the best place you want to go if you are interested in selling things locally. The location-based applications such as LetGo and OfferUP have become popular, however, the number of users is very small when compared to the Craigslist’s user base. So, if you want to buy and sell locally, we highly recommend you stick with Craigslist.
Now, we will discuss the most popular things to sell to make money on Craigslist:
- Cell phones – Smartphones are considered as hot products everywhere and Craigslist is not an exception. Because of the high selling fees on Amazon and eBay, a lot of people decide to sell their broken or used phones on Craigslist. If you are interested in learning more about how to profit from used or broken phones, there are some great tutorials online you could use. Before you do anything, please make sure to check the profit margins so you can make a profit after you take auction fees, repair costs, and shipping costs into consideration. When selling smartphones, you should always make sure that you avoid suspicious and off the truck phones. They may be iTunes locked or password locked phones which means you are buying a phone you can’t resell. When buying a cell phone to resell on Craigslist, make sure to test out the buttons, speakers, and check for damages or cracks on the screen.
- Laptops – If you follow the news and trends on the market, you would know that the market for personal computing gadgets and devices has dramatically decreased over the past couple of years due to the introduction of tablets and smartphones. However, there is a huge market for laptops out there for young adults, students, and business owners who still have the need to type emails or papers. Just like with cell phones, you can always find damaged or broken laptops for cheap prices and resell after they have been properly fixed. Our advice is to stick with small laptops such as Apple MacBooks which sell extremely well.
- Furniture – Let’s face it – solid wood furniture will always be popular and have a place in homes. If interested in selling popular things to make money on Craigslist, selling furniture is a great idea. You can sell chairs, desks, dining tables, bookshelves, dressers, and much more. Avoid particle board furniture like pieces you can purchase from IKEA.
- Bikes – Another great product to sell on Craigslist and make money. Believe it or not, you can make a lot of money from selling bikes on Craigslist. You can buy new bikes and resell them for a bigger price or you can find great used a mountain and high-end road bikes, fix them, repair them, and sell them for a great price.
- Appliances – You will be surprised how many broken appliances are out there being given away for free or sold very cheap. If you know how to repair or fix appliances, you will be able to earn a lot of money.
With these 5 things to sell on Craigslist, there is something for everyone. Pick one and make your first sale!
Read more about techniques businesses
Deciding what to sell online is not easy, especially because there are so many things to sell, so many options, and business opportunities to use.