Believe it or not – starting an online store is pretty easy, everyone can do it! There is no need to pay thousands of dollars for a certain company to offer you an ecommerce solution when you can set up an online store by yourself. The most challenging part is getting Google and other search engines to care for your new online store, getting the customer to your store and convince them to purchase from you, and the most important part – keeping them coming back again.
In this article, we will show you how to setup an online store like a pro. All you need to do is follow these 7 things:
- Choose your system carefully – Stay away from custom or specialized solutions build on old and obscure codes and try to find a system that is well-supported, popular, and with a good community behind it. Also, you need a system that produces amazing and modern-looking shops. If you want to build a successful online store and avoid any contact with codes, we highly recommend you to try Shopify. It is one of the best ecommerce platforms on the market.
- The importance of optimization – You need to keep in mind that a slow page load time can mean a great loss of customers. In order to avoid slow page load time, you need to optimize your online store. If you have chosen a hosted solution when starting your store, there is really not much you can do, but if you have set up your store by using WordPress or another platform, you need to find the best method to optimize your web pages.
- Research the competition – In order to be better than your rivals, you need to analyze them and know exactly what they offer, how they promote their products, and etc. If you know everything about the competition, you have a good chance of becoming a better seller and attract more customers to your store.
- Expand and improve page content with customer input – Having a few descriptive sentences and a few photos of your products is not enough. You need to do something more and that is to expand and improve page content with customer input. You need to offer your customers more than a boring text and product photos. You should allow your customers to share their actions and opinions of the products you sell.
- Run a newsletter – The secret weapon of ecommerce are the newsletters. It is a customer base of active and loyal shoppers. When a customer makes a sale, convince him to sign up for a newsletter. Ensure there is a sign-up area on your homepage.
- The importance of SEO – You cannot expect to run a successful online store if you don’t pay a special attention to SEO. If you want your customers to locate your store easily, you need to use short product descriptions, have product categories, have a unique URL, and etc. By following these few things, Google will promote you and you will be able to rank higher.
- Embrace your social media presence – Being present on social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and others is really important. It is your chance to communicate and interact with your potential customers, offer sneak peeks into your products, give promotions and discounts, and etc.
We hope these 7 tips will help you set up a successful and prosperous store! Now, have you heard about WordPress and WooCommerce? We will explain you how to use these platforms to create your online sore, so make sure to keep on reading…
Setting Up an Online Store with WordPress and WooCommerce
Interested in starting your own online store? That’s great! Running your own business and being your own boss is a challenging job, but it is also very rewarding as you can see all of your hard work, energy, and effort you invest in your dreams. Every move and action you make will directly impact your revenue which is great as you are the only person who will decide how high or low your revenue will go this month.
Setting up your own online store has never been easier and yet a lot of people are having second doubts about whether or not they should build their own business. We want to see you succeed and that is why we have put together a helpful guide for building your own online store, as well as, a few great tips for promoting it.
Before you can set up your own online store, add products, and start selling, you need a website. We highly recommend you to use the self-hosted platform WordPress. This is one of the most popular platforms for building a website and not only this platform is powerful enough to handle and maintain a fully ecommerce store, but it is also an affordable solution that can be customized to suit any store needs.
In order to build a website, you need to find a hosting service provider, but not just any hosting service provider, but the right hosting for your online store. Good hostings cost a lot of money. You can definitely build your own online store by using Bluehost which offers a great deal of $2.95 per month for shared hosting. This type of hosting is great for new websites. Also, the domain name is included in the deal so you won’t have to bother with buying a domain name separately. The setup is really easy, with just one click on WordPress installation, you will install the website, set up the hosting, enter the domain, and you are done.
If you are willing to invest more than $2.95, we recommend you to try WPEngine. Their hosting plans start at $29 per month and you will be able to manage the WordPress hosting directly from WPEngine which comes with automatic WordPress core updates, fully managed servers, daily backups of your website, 24/7 ticketed support, technology, and much more.
If you want to set up your new online store properly, it is really important to buy a SSL certificate. A SSL certificate or a secure sockets layer certificate is what your site uses to establish a safe link between your server and the browser your customer use.
Now that you have a core WordPress installation, a hosting, and a domain, you can choose the design of your store. There are some great WordPress templates and themes you could use to set up your store for good. There are thousands of free templates available on WordPress.org, however, for more control and options over the look and feel of your new website, we recommend you buy and use a premium theme.
WooCommerce is a popular, free, and powerful ecommerce plugin that is quick to setup, easy to use, and offers a wide selection of premium add-ons you can buy to add more functionality to your online store.
If you want to promote your new online store and the products you sell, you need to take advantage of social media, run a promotion or a giveaway or start a newsletter.
Others Topics that might interested you
Business priorities have changed these days. The main focus is on the customer, followed by quality products or services. A long time ago, the focus